The increase of cholesterol in blood depends in part in dietary habits. It is therefore understandable that changing his way of eating can also reduce cholesterol levels in the blood. Here is a small list of foods to avoid and those to be favored in the framework of an anti-cholesterol healthy diet.
To be avoided or limited
Fat: it must not constitute more than 30% of total calories.
Saturated fats contained in fatty meats, butter, and cream, certain cheeses, and fried potato chips, pastries and industrial biscuits, most ready meals, etc.
To be promoted
– The omega-3 fats that are in some fish (salmon, mackerel, sardines, tuna, etc.).
– Fruits and vegetables: there must be at least 8 servings per day!
– Olive oil: its benefits are now well known.
– Various nuts and almonds, full of good fats (be careful not to exaggerate the size of portions, it is still fat, even if it is a good fat.)
– Soluble fiber: they are found in oats, beans, and legumes, bran.
– A little red wine: studies confirm that moderate consumption of red wine (1 glass / day, 120 ml) helps reduce cholesterol.
– Soybeans in all its forms: milk, tofu, sprouts, seeds, snacks, etc.
– Cranberries: juice or whole, they are full of antioxidants that are good for the heart.